The Green Expo Business Conference 2023 Thursday, 15th June, 10am – 5pm.
Riverside Innovation Centre, Castle Drive, Chester CH1 1SL
A focus on solutions happening in and around the North West and Cheshire and what is being done, rather than talking about the scale of the issues. We need to move beyond that and highlight the great actions being taken by industry, commerce, communities and individuals and learn from their achievements. £30 billion of investment is coming to our area along with the creation of some 30,000 new jobs by 2050 as the NW moves towards being a net zero cluster. The Green Expo will provide the opportunity to understand and explore this.
Last year. nationally known speakers tackle topics on each of the UK’s Climate Response strands, Power, Buildings (& Homes), Industry, Transport, Natural Resources (& Farming), Adaptation & Resilience.
This year the focus will be on on jobs and skills and how organisations can support the green activities taking place in the region with presentations from key investors about their projects, SME focused sessions on how to prepare to play their role & explanations from educators and trainers on their input.
The conference will:
- Showcase the North West & North Wales Green Economy Investment, Business & Career Opportunities particularly in Energy, Industry Transport &
- Give key investors in the region the opportunity to highlight their projects.
- Showcase the region and its opportunities to a wider audience of investors.
- Allow SMEs to understand the work opportunities that will be created and how they can prepare themselves to participate in and grow with these
- Give education & training providers the opportunity to explain and listen to the role they will play in providing the skills and resources required.
Following the award to HyNet of Track 1 status to the region, which means it is one of two industrial clusters to be taken forward first for decarbonisation with government, we need a workforce which is ready to take on the challenges of future needs by organisations delivering green solutions. Over 60,500 new jobs* will be created in the North West by 2050 to get the UK to NetZero and sustaining up to 660,000 jobs#, the largest number of all the UK regions*. These jobs need applicants with the right skills. An afternoon session will focus on the skills gap and how organisations have overcome this.
Presentations will be a mix of TED-style inspirational sessions, interspersed by panel discussions led by experts. Attendees will be able to take back examples of best practice and solutions to help them in their organisations and give them the reassurance that more is being achieved in the North West than any other region in the UK to achieve sustainable progress towards Net Zero.
The 2022 Programme is below and a link to the 2022 session videos is here.
* Green Skills Taskforce 2021 # NZNW Economic Investment Prospectus (netzeronw.co.uk)